Terms and Conditions1. The Parties
Armitage Alarm Systems is referred to as “The Company” and the person firm or Company acquiring equipment is referred to as “the customer”
2. The Bargain
The Company shall install the equipment and provide the services hereinafter described and the customer shall acquire the said equipment and receive the services from the Company subject to the express terms set out within these conditions.
3. Prevailing Conditions
- All Orders are accepted by the Company only upon these conditions, which shall override any terms or conditions howsoever incorporated or referred to by the customer.
- No alteration or addition to these conditions shall be incorporated into the Agreement unless expressly accepted by the Company in writing
- These conditions constitute all the terms of the Agreement between the parties and no other terms or conditions shall apply whether oral or in any separate order, confirmation or otherwise and any statutory or other condition is hereby excluded.
- All quotations and tenders are subject to withdrawal at any time prior to the Company’s acceptance of the customers Order.
- The Company shall not be bound by any clerical or arithmetical errors in any price list, invoice, statement, quotation or other documentation whatsoever.
4. Terms of Payment
Payment is due at completion of the installation. The goods supplied shall remain the property of the Company until paid for in full. In the circumstances defined in this condition, the Company shall be entitled immediately after giving notice of its intention to repossess, to enter upon the premises of the buyer and repossess any goods or products it has title to hereunder. Nothing in this condition shall confer a right upon the customer or his agents to return the goods sold hereunder or to refuse or delay payment thereof, unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing. The Company is not liable for any damage caused during removal or for making good.
If the customer shall fail to make payment in full then (without prejudice to any other rights of the Company), the customer shall, without any need for the Company to give notice, become liable to pay the Company the interest on the amount for the time being unpaid at the rate which is 2% p.a. above the Lloyds Bank Base Rate calculated from the date of due payment until the date of actual payment.
5. Installation and Completion
- The installation of the system will be carried out by or on behalf of the Company in accordance with the agreed quote during the Company’s normal working hours unless otherwise agreed.
- The customer, unless agreed by the Company in writing, shall at his own cost provide a “clean” correct reliable and safe supply of electricity, telephones or other services suitably terminated at the required number of points as indicated by the Company.
- The System shall be deemed to be complete and due for payment on the date on which the System is handed over to the customer even if any electricity supplies, telecommunications or other services may not then have been connected.
- The customer shall advise the Company at the time of placing an official order of any restrictions denying or curtailing the Company reasonable access to the stated installation address and the customer shall ensure that the installation area is clear of any obstruction or material that may cause the installation to be delayed or cause harm to the Company’s employees. The Company reserves the right to pass to the customer any cost incurred resulting from delivery and installation restrictions caused by the customer or his agents.
All quotations are valid for a period of thirty days. All quotations are based on work being carried out during normal working hours, namely 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
7. Additional Work
The cost of any additional work over and above that described in the agreed quote shall be treated as an increase in the price quoted for which an additional charge will be made. You will be informed of any additional charges before any work is carried out.
8. The Equipment
The equipment, which the Company offers to supply and install, is designed for the purposes described in the Company’s trade literature and is subject to any limitations contained therein. No Warranty is given that the equipment is fit for any other purpose unless the customer specifies in writing details of that purpose and the Company expressly warrants that the equipment is fit for all that purpose to the customer in writing.
- The customer will take all necessary steps to minimise false alarms. The customer will be responsible for any charges made by the Police or Fire Brigade or local council how so ever caused.
- The customer acknowledges that no warranty is given by the Company that the System or Services will prevent any occurrence that they are designed to detect, and that the Company is not liable for any loss or damage consequential on any occurrence. The Charges made are based solely on the value of the Services and are unrelated to the value of the property located at the Premises. Insurance, if any, is the responsibility of the customer.
- The customer determines the level of cover he or she requires. In the case of intruder alarms the customer on setting the system can select or deselect zones to suit their purpose and can reset the system at will therefore it would be unreasonable for the Company to have a liability for the efficacy of the system in any given circumstance when the Company has only the word of the customer not substantiated by proof.
- The Company shall not be liable for any consequential damage or expenses or liability to third parties incurred by the customer. The customer will indemnify the Company against third party claims and costs arising out of the subject matter of this agreement.
- The Company does not seek to exclude liability for negligence causing death or personal injury
- The Company shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage including (without limitation to the foregoing) economic loss, loss of profit, business, operating time or use or any other form of loss or damage how so ever arising.
During the period of 12 months following the date of the completion of the installation the Company will undertake to replace or repair free of charge any defective equipment fitted by the Company. Unless clearly stated in writing, there will be a charge for replacement, repair or examination of any equipment not fitted by the company.
This contract shall be construed according to and be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and any dispute shall be referred to the Civil Courts of Justice in England and Wales.
© Armitage Alarm Systems